Teach Like a Champion Technique 30: Tight transitions
Having quick and routine movements from place to place or activity to activity without extensive narration by the teacher.
- Achieving this requires investing time early in the school year to practice the transitions.
- Effective ways to teach transitions include:
- Numbering each step in a transition and practicing it
- Having point-to-point transitions
- Need to focus on speed and consistent enforcement.
- Generally pass materials across rows not up, and distribute in groups e.g. each row.